Tuesday, August 4, 2009

GETTING CLOSER



We are now less then 2 weeks from hitting the road and getting pretty excited. Also, we will start posting things that people might actually want to see as soon as we get going. We have altered our route to eliminate Kansas City and Indianapolis and Pittsburgh because who cares. We will now be heading from Denver to Omaha, which doesn't sound that interesting, but they do have a real nice riverfront area called "The Market". Then we are off to Chicago, which neither of us have been to and we here is a great city to visit. We will then wrap around the Great Lakes to the Erie PA area, and up to Niagara Falls, which made more sense to do on the way in stead of as a side trip. Then on the way down to LI, we will spend a day or so in Ithaca, where Ann has a girlfriend that she grew up with in Huntington.

Our return trip will now include Charlotte NC instead of Greensboro, (What was I thinking?) and Montgomery AL, where Ann has some relatives that she has not seen in decades. We will stop in Houston to visit my cousin Tony on our way to New Orleans and San Antonio.

We are looking forward to seeing all of you who are in our path,
and will miss everyone we leave behind, sort of. :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice route, good plan, impressive map skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I really appreciate your comments. I'll tell you, I have spent so many hours on the computer planning this trip, booking hotels, getting maps from city to city and specific directions to 18 hotels, that I think I am getting carpal tunnel syndrome. It's a lot of hard wor. . . . . . . .Oh, you were being sarcastic. Never Mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not being sarcastic, you should know that I of all people should know what it takes to plan a trip like that. In fact I have learned so much from you just from this blog alone that I have honed my own trip planning skills...and your carpal tunnel syndrome is probably not from planning your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I thought it might be carpool tunnel syndrome, since we are driving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and by the way, that would be the other hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first cousin once removed and her daughter, your firt cousin twice removed and HER kids, your first cousin thrice removed live in Ithaca. DO you care?

    ReplyDelete